If you’ve ever had the experience of misplacing your car keys, cell phone, or remote control, you know how frustrating it can be. We always seem to misplace those things when we’re in a hurry. You may have even wondered if there is an easy way to locate those things when they go missing.
The Tile Phone Finder is a small device that you can attach to any small object, including your cell phone, car keys, or remote control. It uses Bluetooth technology to locate the device and play an alarm so you can find it quickly and easily. It can be integrated with most popular mobile devices, including smart phones and tablets. This could be used to put in your children’s pocket while at the mall in big crowds or even put in their school bag to help locate them. This is not a gps tracking device though. it relies on bluetooth technology and has a short range of 100 feet. So, keep in mind this is a short range solution to track where your kids are.
The Tile Phone Finder has the following features:
- Small device can attach to a phone, key chain, or a pet’s collar
- Comes with a long-lasting CR2 battery
- Easy to use app compatible with many mobile devices
- High-quality speakers produce a 90 decibel sound to help you locate the device
The key function of the Tile Phone Finder is to make it quick and easy for you to find what you are missing, eliminating stress and worry so you can get on with your day.
The Tile Phone Finder offers some significant benefits to consumers who use it:
- Lightweight device is small enough to be attached to almost any object. The Tile is 1.3” square and weighs only a little over an ounce.
- The alarm is loud enough to help you find your items even if they are in another room or buried in a pile of magazines or laundry.
- The non-replaceable battery can last up to a year depending on how often you activate it.
- Uses widely-available Bluetooth technology
In short, the Tile is a small, highly portable device that can be used to help you keep track of any object.
How the Tile Phone Finder Works
The Tile Phone Finder is extremely easy to operate. Once you receive the Tile, all you need to do is:
- Activate the device ( the Tile is shipped with the battery in a state of hibernation, so it will not work until you activate it)
- Download the free mobile app and link your new Tile to the app
- Place the device on the object or pet you wish to keep track of
- Activate the app when you can’t find your object and listen for the alarm
With just a few easy steps, you can have your Tile up and running, and ready to help you when you need it.
Pros of the Tile Phone Finder
The Tile Phone Finder has proven to be very popular with consumers. Here are some of the pros of choosing the Tile Phone Finder:
- The app is very user-friendly and available for almost any mobile device
- The case is water-resistant, so it can be worn in the rain
- The new speakers generate an alarm loud enough to be heard even at a distance
- The Tile doesn’t need to be charged, and you can expect the battery to last up to a year
- The company offers a reduced replacement rate for the batteries to existing customers
- It’s easy to share Tile information with another person to extend its range
On the whole, customers appear to be very happy that they bought the Tile Phone Finder, and many have bought more than one.
Drawbacks of the Tile Phone Finder
While the majority of reviews are positive, there are some customers who pointed out cons associated with their purchases. Here are some of the most common:
- Replacement batteries must be bought directly through the company and may take a while to arrive – some users would prefer a device that used a replaceable watch battery
- Bluetooth technology is effective only for a short range (100 feet) making it less than ideal for tracking a pet
- The Tile is a little too thick to fit on a standard key chain, and some users said they had difficulty attacking it when they wanted to track their keys
- Some customers said they were disappointed that the Tile didn’t come with adhesive to help them attach it to a remote control or phone
Most of the complaints had to do with a perceived lack of convenience, and it does seem that the company is responsive and may work to improve the device when they release the next generation.
While not a true GPS locator, the Tile is the industry leader for tracking lost objects. The device is affordable and a good way to keep track of objects that get misplaced frequently, including keys, remote controls, and cell phones.